Counting calories is just as dumb as counting stars. You’ll never get it 100% right no matter what you do. Instead we should just appreciate that they’re there, because both stars and calories are part of something beautiful; the night sky and food.
I will always love this
Wow, almost 2000 notes. Thank you all so much for reblogging this post. :)
A message from Anonymous
What's it like to be fully recovered? I need a little motivation x
I actually love this question.
Being recovered is the best.
- I eat what I want. Plain and simple. Sometimes that means having a salad just because I love how fresh it tastes, but don’t hesitate to go out for steak and beer with friends on a Friday night.
- I exercise when I want. Sometimes that means twice in one day because I feel like pushing myself. Sometimes that means not touching my runners and sports bra for a whole week. And I’m okay with that.
- I’m going to be realistic and say that I look in the mirror and think “DAMN. I’m hot” about 70% of the time. I’m not always okay with my body, but I’m okay with that. I know that the insecurity is going to pass.
- I make plans based on what I want instead of whether or not I’m faced with food. That means everything from going to an unplanned lunch with friends to moving to a new continent for 3 months.
- I haven’t bought food based on the nutrition label in 7 months.
- I’m not insecure. I’m comfortable talking in front of people, I share my opinions, I volunteer, I lead. I don’t hesitate to introduce myself to others because I’m worried about what they’ll think of me.
- I’m not bothered when people try to impress me by telling me their eating habits. "I haven’t eaten for 6 hours." "I skipped breakfast today!" That’s nice. Maybe that system works for you but I know that my body needs fuel to function and I’m just gonna keep eating this bagel thanks.
- I love the lack of planning it requires to be recovered. I don’t have to know what I’m having for every meal for the next 3 days. I don’t need to have a rigid exercise schedule. I can decide to go out for dinner tonight. Maybe I’ll call some friends and hang out. Maybe I’ll just go to my boyfriends and hang out in my underwear all night. Being spontaneous is FUN!